Rules and Regulations of the Stars of Summer International Piano and Vocal Competition and Festival in the Cleveland Cultural Gardens
1. The Organizing Committee invites solo and ensemble pianists and singers of 5+ ages and all nationalities to participate in the International Music Competition. If the applicant is under 18, a parent or guardian must sign (endorse) the application.
2. Participants may submit entries in any category:
a. World Composers (a piece of Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Modern repertoire)
b. American Composer (a piece by American composer of any time)
c. Italian Composer (a piece of Italian composer of any style)
d. Concerto 2023: Italian Concerto by A. Peskanov or Miniature Concerto by A. Rowley. One (1) movement per application with accompaniment of the second piano with omitted orchestral solos. Selected winners perform in the Gala and Laureates' concerts with the orchestra.
e. MusiCats (a piece of any composer and style on the cat's theme).
f. Ukrainian (a piece of a composer born or living in Ukraine; a piece of any composer on an Ukrainian theme).
a. Classical - NO MICROPHONE. Accompaniment: piano, orchestra, instrumental ensemble, a capella, a piece of Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Modern repertoire. Note: if selected, for open-air concerts in the Gardens, the singer must use the microphone.
b. Microphone: classical cross; pop; jazz; musical theater - microphones, recorded accompaniments.
c. MusiCats (a piece of any composer and style on the cat's theme).
3. All application materials and information must be submitted online by July 20, 2023, and winners will be notified on August 5, 2023.
4. The competition fee is $75.00 for each solo entry and $85.00 for each ensemble entry. $95.00 fee is for each concerto entrance for one movement.
5. The award ceremony and Gala concert will take place at the Cleveland Cultural Gardens Centennial Peace Plaza on Saturday, August 19, 2023, as part of the International Music Night (part of the World on Stage concert series). Participants may be chosen to take part in the Gala concert.
6. The Laureates concert will take place on Sunday, August 27, 2023, and will feature all the winners of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes as well as special prizes. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place holders for each category will perform in the Laureates Concert in Italian Cultural Garden. One movement, 1st, 2nd or 3rd per application. One contestant can apply for all three movements in three applications.
7. There is no additional fee for participating in both Gala and Honor the Music teacher concerts.
8. We encourage participants to send their entries as soon as possible.